Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's Time for Some Football!!!

Yippee! Football season is almost here!

As most of you know, I coach football in the falls for my local school district in Dexter, Michigan.

Besides marketing, football is my other passion that I pursue. Hence the name of my marketing system - Touchdown Marketing System.

In my humble opinion, football is the ultimate team sport because it requires a diverse collection of players with different skills working together to achieve a goal. It requires toughness, tenacity and perseverance....just like marketing your business.

I love all sports and have played a lot of baseball, basketball, volleyball, bowling and many others. All these games have merit and I highly respect those who are dedicated to competing at all levels. But football is the most demanding physically, mentally and socially.

There are so many parallels to marketing that I could fill dozens of blog posts. Them most important is the need to prepare before you play. Preparing and practicing for a single game each week is intense and difficult. As small business owner, so is developing and sticking with your marketing to it works.

There is nothing more exciting than scoring a hard earned touchdown in football. To me it's just like winning the trust of a prospect and make a sale.

No comments: